Monday 29 October 2007

Winter is here... almost!

It happened this weekend, the clocks rolled back which means that any outdoor activity after work is a no go. I'll be driving home in the dark.

I thought that with the racing season winding down that I would have loads of time especially with not being able to go practicing mid week anymore but I feel like I'm busier than ever with various things.
I did get to go and look at the S10 health club which is the Sheffield university Gym just down the road from my house. Its a well kitted out gym and has everything that I need to get nice and strong over the winter. I've acquired some literature on building a winter training plan for the winter. I will post it up here once I am done and then keep posting my progress over the winter.
There is one more race left this season and its next weekend. As soon as that's done the training plan will begin.

I spoke to Ryan yesterday and he is keen to start training as soon as possible. The only problem is that he's got a broken leg at the moment from casing a big double at turbo Taylor's outdoor supercross track. He's adamant that he is able to start upper body training with his leg in a cast. The boy is determined this winter and is looking to come back strong next season!

Unfortunately I never got to ride properly this weekend. We rode the mini bike down at the bmx track for a bit on Sunday afternoon and that was it.

No comments: