Wednesday 13 February 2008

Mental toughness

I'm at the beginning of my third week of interval training. Now I've already said that its by far the hardest type of training I've ever done but I'm starting to believe that it doesn't just make you physically stronger and fitter but it actually makes you mentally tougher.
In reality the intervals will never get easier because when you're training with a heart rate monitor you're aiming for a specific heart rate. Therefore the fitter you get the harder you pedal in order to reach your target heart rate but for some reason it still feels easier. I think this is the result of the mind getting stronger and more resistant to the pain.

I had a good day of riding on Sunday and this Saturday I'm hoping to get to a proper track. I'm really looking forward to getting some air time again.

No comments: