Wednesday 21 November 2007

Committed

Well the winter training is truly under way. DC and I have been meeting at the gym early in the morning before work. I think its crucial to have someone to keep motivation high. When you're doing it by yourself its too easy to skip it especially on a freezing, wet winter morning.

At the moment I am concentrating on strength so I am alternating between an upper body and lower body free-weight workout. I think its safe to say that motocross requires a good balance of both upper and lower body strength.

We planned to go riding on Sunday and have the infamous DC vs AT race. These are two of our mates who are into bmx and have both had the chance to learn and ride a motocross bike for one day. We came up with idea during the summer of making them race each other, one on my bike and the other on Cooper's bike.
Unfortunately the weather was terrible so it was cancelled. Fingers crossed that things will be better this weekend.

No comments: