Wednesday 2 April 2008

Birthday weekend


Last weekend was my birthday and it turned out to be a pretty awesome one. Friday night we went out for a meal and it reminded me once again how awesome my friends are.

I was hoping to ride Peakdale on the Sunday but the weather forecast kept saying it was going to turn pretty nasty on Sunday afternoon so I decided to go and meet James for a bit of trials riding instead. The weather turned out to be really good so I could have gone to Peakdale but I had a really good time riding the trials bike. We started riding at around 11am and finished after 4. I couldn't believe how much we had improved over the course of the day.
There were obstacles that we were struggling to do in the morning but when we came back to them later in the afternoon they were really easy. There were also a few obstacles that I thought I wouldn't be doing for a while yet but then found myself having a go and completing them. Although James rode trials as a kid he is still getting back into it after a long time off the bike so he is a good man for me to chase. He's super enthusiastic and even has some competitions for us planned. I'm always up for a compo or race so we'll see what happens.
I think I'll definitely be investing in a open face helmet as I found my full face a bit restrictive.
After we were done James sent the trials bike home with me to maintain and look after, so the bike room has yet another addition to it. Thanks James!

I'm still a motocross racer through and through but there's no denying that trials riding can be really fun not to mention the various bike skills it teaches you. I also read that Ryan Villopoto has a trials bike that he plays with at his house so even the pros are lovin' it!

No comments: