Friday 29 August 2008

Mountain Bike Action


Well I said I would be back with an update on the mountainbiking. I'm sorry its taken so long but I wanted to do a post with some pictures. Unfortunately I kept forgetting to take my camera and then when I did finally take my camera I forgot to take photos... oh well.

The mountain biking has been really good fun. so far I've ridden the peaks, cannock and wharncliffe forest. Some aspects of it I feel I've done fairly well and others I've found quite hard. Wharncliffe I found particularly frustrating in places. The ride that cooper took us on had loads of tree roots and it had been raining quite a bit which made it very sketchy in places.

I've found the riding in the peaks to be the most fun so far. There are some really technical sections with some tough hills and them some fast downhill single track. We've been doing one particular loop which Cooper showed me on my first ride and I have found it really fun everytime.

Something I have found is everytime we go out someone seems to have a fairly nasty wipeout. Cooper and Dan have both been over the bars and when we were at Wharncliffe Cooper had a horrific crash on the downhill section. Luckily everyone has been okay.

I kept wondering when my turn was coming. Well my turn came on Tuesday evening. I was following Dan and came to a root section with a step. We had a good pace on and Dan seemed to get over alright. I followed and next thing I knew I was over the handle bars. Unfortunately I landed on a sharp rock directly on my right thigh. It felt like someone had wacked me really hard with a baseball bat.
I carried on riding in the hope that it would subside but it seemed to just get worse. Whats followed is 2 days of pain and stiffness in my left leg and a massive bruise.

I'm feeling a bit better today. I just hope its okay for the mx race on Sunday.

No comments: