Monday 4 June 2007

Caistor MX track

Also known as the Thoresway Honda Motoparc.

On Sunday I was invited by Lee from MXtrax to go to Caistor MX track for some practice. What a fantastic day it turned out to be. The weather was amazing and the track was phenomenal. I think I could easily say its now my favourite track.

The track is based in a valley and it is incredibly fast. The jumps were also very well made and certainly built for speed. The two high lights of the day for me was clearing a 60 foot up hill step up. It just felt incredible hitting a jump in 4th absolutely flat out. This is the first time I've really got a feel for the kind of airtime that's possible on a motocross bike. The second highlight was clearing the 50 foot table which was just after a corner. It took a few attempts but I nailed it in the end.

The whole day just felt really good. I felt like it was the best I have ever ridden so far. Lee gave me some tips and Tim who took us in his big van was fun to hang with.

The only downside to the day was realising that my fork seals have gone. I gave my mate Ryan Mason from Shock Tech a ring this morning and he's going to hook me up so it all good.

No comments: