Monday 25 June 2007

Caistor Race

I got back from Hong Kong safe and sound on Thursday. I was feeling a bit tired but I think you never quite feel it fully when you just get back as you're excited to be back. The van broke down on Thursday which wasn't good. I couldn't fix the problem myself as it looks to be an electrical fault so I've had to take the van in to be looked at.

Ryan Mason agreed to take me to the race on Sunday which was awesome as I had been looking forward to Caistor and I'm still on track with my goal of doing all the remaining YMSA rounds.

Caistor didn't start very well. In my first moto I got arm pump after the second lap and I felt really tired. So tired that I felt like pulling off but I hung in there and completed the moto. I forgot to mention that I went out with Coops and Mason on Friday night and we only got in at 5am. I was really regretting doing that at this point. I always said I would never go out on a race weekend and this will definitely be the last time I do.

The second moto came and I felt a bit better. I didn't get arm pump too bad and I didn't feel quite as tired but it was still tough. My third moto was better still.

Looking at the positives of the day, I felt my starts had improved since the last race and I felt my speed was good for the first few laps until the fatigue set in. I think the fatigue was also due to me getting back from Hong Kong a few days earlier but like I said earlier, there's no ways I will be going out late on a race weekend again.

No comments: