Monday 18 June 2007

Hong Kong Milk

Well so far Hong Kong has been pretty awesome. Its definitely a must-visit kind of place.

I arrived Friday morning and straight away I had people to meet. I was quite busy until about the late afternoon where I was able to chill out in my hotel for a bit. We then went to meet some more people for drinks. I was invited to come out later that night to Lang Kwai Fong which is like the trendy night life part of Hong Kong. After going to one more meeting and having some dinner I headed out to Lang kwai Fong and was out until around 2:30am. I took this photo on the way home, at this point I had been up for around 37 hours but I'd had a really good time.



Two things I need to get off my chest though and two big reasons I would struggle to live here. Number one is there is no motocross. I haven't seen any sign of it what so ever. No magazines, no shops, no clothing or branding. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist over here. There is an extreme lack of space which would probably explain it.
The second thing is the milk is junk. The other night I went out in search of a big bottle of milk. After finding one of the supermarkets (called The Park 'n Shop) which are located underground (you have to look for a small alley way with some steps leading down) I found what looked like the milk section. I picked up a plastic bottle with a blue top which looked like milk. I paid for it and went all the way back to my hotel feeling very thirsty. I opened the bottle to take a nice big sip and it was this horrible sweet tasting liquid. One of the first things that came to my mind was that episode of the Simpson's where the mob are pumping rat milk into the school. I have no idea what rat milk tastes like but I could only imagine it would probably taste like this stuff did.

1 comment:

mike23mx said...

soy milk...lol