Wednesday 18 July 2007

Preston Docks

Awesome track!
Awesome race!
Awesome weather!
Awesome crash!

Preston docks is one of the best tracks I've raced at so far. Its deep sand and its purpose built. When you walk the track it feels like an AMA track not just a track in a farmer's field.

This was one of my best and worse races to date. My speed again had improved and my starts were mega. In the second moto I was tied for second place going into the second corner.
However I went down a total of 6 times during the course of the day. Five of those were in corners and the other was a horrific crash in the whoops. I can only thank Jesus and his angels for protecting me and letting me come away unscathed. My throttle hand came off in the middle of the whoops and I lunged forward which made the front wheel dig in and cause me and the bike to cart wheel forwards. The guy who was behind me came and found me after the race. He couldn't believe that I had got up and carried on riding.

The good thing was that none of the crashes shook me up in the slightest. I never used to be like this. They say that as you get older you become more cautious but it seems like its the other way round for me.

Today Ryan from ShockTech and I are going to the desert to do some testing. We're gonna try and setup my suspension so the bike will corner a bit better. I'm also going to practice cornering as much as possible.

No comments: