Friday 6 July 2007

Team Green

Well the KX250F arrived and it was emotional, haha! Before I picked it up I went to meet Ben (Trumen) and he hooked me up with a full set of Molson Kawasaki plastics, thanks Ben!



Once I got home with the Bike I took a few photos and began prepping it straight away so that I could ride it the next day. When a bike comes from the factory they very rarely put enough grease on all the bearings, pivots and linkage so its crucial that you get this done straight away. I worked into the early hours of the morning but I managed to get it done and ready for the next day. All I had to do was put in some engine oil.






I arrived at Ryan Mason's the next day and gave him a hand with cutting down his seat and putting a step into it. He's riding the Maxxis British Championship on Sunday and he had to run his brand new YZ250F in. After finishing the seat Ryan hooked me up with some oil and then we loaded the bikes up and headed off to Worksop.



I could probably write 10 pages of what went down at Worksop but I'll keep it short and sweet. THE BIKE IS AWESOME! I was completely blown away. The engine felt and behaved exactly like I thought it would. It has loads of torque and suits my riding style so much better. I tend to short shift (change gear before the engine hits full revs) and I hardly touch my clutch and this is exactly how a 250F should be ridden. Besides the engine the bike just feels so much more comfortable. I think the geometry and suspension must just suit me better because the bike felt like an extension of my body. I could hit the whoop section so much faster and not get tired. It all just felt so effortless. Ryan thought my riding had improved for sure.




Needless to say, I'm psyched for the race on Sunday, its going to be an interesting one.

1 comment:

mike23mx said...

you're going soft on me!!!

giving in to the dark side. Oh well, at your size, a more powerful bike is more than justified. Have loads of fun with it and good luck with the race.