Thursday 19 July 2007

Sag!

Well Ryan from Shocktech set my sag up properly yesterday just before we went to the desert. Adjusting the sag is basically adjusting the tension of the spring on the rear shock to suit your weight.

Well it made a world of difference. The bike cornered a lot better. I felt a lot more in control and a lot smoother. Ryan is going to continue to help me get my suspension right and there are talks of possibly doing a revalve.

I did two 15 minute motos which felt good. I wore my heart rate monitor and my average heart rate was 180bpm. This is fairly high and just proves how strenuous it is to ride a motocross bike.

I think my next step is to change the front tyre. I have done a bit of research and apparently the standard tyre that comes on the KX250F isn't very good and contributes to the bad handling with in corners.

No comments: