Friday 3 August 2007

Do your motos... or not!

I haven't raced in 3 weeks. Feels like ages but things have been going well. Over the last few weeks I have been concentrating on doing motos. Every time I practice I do at least two full race length motos. If I fall off I get up and keep going as if I were in a race. It has been good for developing my "racing mind" too because I find its easy to go and do a couple of fast laps but to do it consistently for the length of a race and keep concetration high, is a whole different story.

On Wednesday at the desert I felt really good and I got the feeling that these motos are starting to pay off. I feel more consistent and more in control.

I've still got a way to go before I can keep up with Ryan but he's a good person to be riding with and to be chasing week in and week out. Unfortunately he came off quite hard on Wednesday and suffered some minor memory loss from banging his head. It was quite funny listening to him repeat himself over and over and try to convince us he was okay to carry on riding. He wanted to finish his motos but we wouldn't let him. I spoke to him yesterday and he said he feels much better and will be racing on Sunday, so that's a good sign.

This was Ryan on Wednesday, the man I'll be chasing for a few years to come.

1 comment:

Rich said...

cant wait to get down the desert together buddy, my bike will be arriving in the next few weeks if all things stay like they are!