Wednesday 29 August 2007

A weekend of MX


This weekend was the British MX GP and we all went down to camp there for the weekend. Even Hannah my girlfriend came along for the weekend which was cool. She said she really enjoyed it but I don't think she was quite as impressed as I was by Cairoli scrubbing the rhythm section. The track was pretty spectacular. Its great to watch the pros ride and appreciate first hand how awesome they really are. I find it quite inspirational and encouraging because it shows you what is possible on a bike. Tommy Searle got his first GP win and Tony Cairoli (the man) won MX1.

Monday was a public/bank holiday so I went to the desert. I put in two full motos and felt really good. There was a very tight corner that Cooper and I were practicing last week which took me a while to get nice and smooth. This week I did it straight away and proceeded to do it every lap of my two motos. Its a great feeling when you've practiced something and then when you come back to it, its stuck with you. I also took my mate Alec Townley along. He had never ridden a motorcycle before so the plan was to give him a go. He did really well and managed to pull off first go, so there were smiles all round.

So it turned out to be an awesome weekend with awesome weather and lots of awesome motocross!

1 comment:

leccyt said...

MINT. Thanks again dude