Monday 14 May 2007

Come rain or shine

Well the weather hasn't been great the last week, it rained everyday. Sunday came round and guess what... it was raining. All my gear and bike was prepped and I had a hard time making the decision whether or not to go out and practice at Peakdale.

Then an image came into my head of Ricky Carmichael at one of the outdoor nationals last year. He made history when the weather took a turn for the worst and he ended up lapping the entire field. While everyone was struggling in the mud he was cruising round.

Its so easy to only go out when the conditions are perfect but I know there will come a time when the weather takes a turn for the worst at a race and I want to be prepared. Needless to say Peakdale was in a pretty bad state. Some of the sections were very deep and some of the ruts were so deep my footpegs were catching. I really enjoyed it though and I think at the end of the session I was definitely a better rider. So from now on I will never let the weather put me off. I dont care if its raining or shining, its all practice at the end of the day.

On friday and saturday I went on a little road trip down to London with DC. It was a really enjoyable trip and we had some great conversations. Its funny how you can travel with some people for hours on end and you will always have something to talk about. I guess its just a by product of great friendship. Its a really good feeling to know I have friends I can count on come rain or shine.

1 comment:

Dan said...

Awesome blog brother, embrace the rain, all great sportsman will train and do their thing in any condition, keep the vision!

You know I'll always have your back!