Wednesday 2 May 2007

A Lack of Motivation

This week has been the first week since I got my motocross bike that I have found it really hard to do fitness training.

Its really strange and I wonder why it happens sometimes. My main motivation to get fit is so that I can become a better rider. My passion for riding is still going strong, I can't wait to ride this weekend, yet for some reason I'm finding it hard to get out and train.

Well this evening I managed to get myself out the door and go for a nice hard run. I have a route that I normally run and time myself. Its quite hilly and really gets my heart rate up. A third of the way into the run I felt quite tired and slow and my first thought was that I had lost some fitness. Half way through the run I checked my stop watch and it didn't look too bad, much better than I thought it would be. By this time I managed to find a nice rhythm and set a good pace right until the end. I checked my finishing time and I had beaten my best time for that course by 13 seconds. I did some skipping sessions after the run and finished it off with some light powerballing to loosen up my hand.

I now feel motivated to keep training again.

No comments: