Monday 30 April 2007

High sided

Practice was interesting yesterday. Coops couldn't make it and Simon who was supposed to be going never turned up.

My first few sessions went really well. My corner speed had improved once again and this time out I seemed to be in the right gear most of the time which made my exit speed much higher.
I felt even more comfortable jumping and I've started moving my body weight around whilst in the air which has allowed me to nose the bike in better when landing on the down side of jumps. I also learned to change gears in the air now which saves a bit of time especially when there is a corner straight after a jump.

My fourth session out again felt really good. There is a hard packed down hill off-camber corner which I was taking faster and faster. On about the 3rd lap I came through and the bike high sided and flicked me off. The bike did a flip and landed on top of me. I managed to crawl out from underneath the bike and pick the bike up. My levers were all out of position and my throttle was sticking so I headed back to the pits. My right hand was in a bit of pain and when I pulled my glove off I realised that one of my nails had been ripped off which wasn't nice.

After straightening up my levers and fixing the throttle I taped up my finger and headed out for one last session just to make sure the crash hadn't knocked my confidence. I put in 2 good laps which I was happy with and then decided to head home.

All in all I was stoked with the session. I felt like I had improved yet again and I was happy that my first proper crash didn't seem to phase me. As far as the Leatt brace goes, there's not much to report. I put it on at the start of practice and pretty much forgot it was there.

No comments: