Friday 13 April 2007

Day one... worksop



So as soon as I got back from America Coops and I started making plans straight away to go riding. Now Cooper's cousin Simon had just bought a YZ125 and he told us about this place in worksop where there was an open free riding spot.

We met up with Simon on the weekend and he took us there. It turned out to be the perfect place to get to grips with my new bike. There were flat bits, muddy bits, a mini whoop section and a few nice corners. It wasn't long before coach Cooper had setup a beacon to form a nice flat corner for me to practice going round. I quickley realised the benfit of having long legs after nearly going down a few times.

The arm pump was incredible. Coops had warned me about it but nothing could quite prepare me for it. By the end of the day I was struggling to open my hand in order to use the brake so I decided it was time to go home. What an awesome day!

No comments: