Friday 20 April 2007

The holeshot mentality

Its crazy to think that the race is tomorrow. Its come around so fast. I feel well prepared though and I don't think I could be more ready for my first race. Although tomorrow is a big day, its also just the first day in a series of many to come. Its practice for the next race and so on.
One of my favourite quotes comes from the film "Little miss sunshine". Olive the little girl asks her grandpa if she's a loser if she doesn't win and his reply is, "A real loser is someone who's so afraid of not winning he doesn't even try."

Tomorrow I really don't believe I can fail. The second I line up on the start gate for my first race, I've won the first battle. I'm in this for the long term and this is only the beginning. Of course I'm not going to use this as an excuse to not try. When I line up on that gate I'm going for the holeshot! It maybe wishful thinking but if you never try you will never know. As coach cooper would say, "Its get nervous time"

1 comment:

Dan said...

YES!! Go Warren, you have a strong head, the first battle is believing in yourself, and you do! I believe in you too, Awesome!

The little miss Sunshine quote is one of my favourite lines from a modern film. Terrific!

Do it!