Sunday 15 April 2007

Sunday practice

Well today things went really well at Peakdale. Right from the start my bike felt much better. I think it could always be improved but I think its definitely good enough for Sherwood (my first race) next Saturday.

It was strange today because its the first time I've not had Coops with me. He was racing at a championship round at Caister.

My first moto today wasn't great, I got arm pump real quick and I just wasn't as smooth as I could have been. In my second moto I relaxed a lot and didn't pump up as much and I was able to go much longer. I tried to clear the big table top but my corner speed just wasn't good enough. After the second moto I went and watched some good guys to see what I could maybe do in order to clear the table. There were some guys on 4 strokes who had terrible corner speed and form but they were still able to clear it which made me a little frustrated but then I reminded myself that this was one of the main reasons I chose to go with a 2 stroke for my first bike. I was being forced to learn how to corner better in order to clear the table. So after watching some skilled 2 stroke riders I realised I just needed to lean over more, hit the gas earlier and hook third gear flat out, simple (haha).
I went out for my third moto and felt nice and relaxed. I concentrated on trying to rail each berm as smoothly as possible and tried to get on the gas a bit earlier. I came to the table and got caught in a bit of traffic so I needed to go round again. I did another full lap and then came up to the corner before the table. I railed round the berm in second gear nicely lent over and then pinned it, I hit 3rd gear flat out just before the jump and then proceeded to float nicely over, landing on the down side just like a bmx jump.

My fourth and last moto went really well. I pretty much cleared the big table every time and finished feeling confident and strong. AWESOME!

I forgot to mention the weather was amzingly hot!

1 comment:

mike23mx said...

excellent! Nothing like railing a berm.