Tuesday 24 April 2007

The Leatt Brace

While I was out in America, Mike from Motodrive told me about a video that ex-pro rider David Bailey had released. For those of you that don't know, David's spinal cord was damaged in a crash which would leave him paralyzed from the waist down. He released this video in which he appeals to the top riders to start wearing a newly designed form of neck protection called the Leatt Brace.



After watching the video and thinking long and hard about it, I have decided to purchase one. They are expensive but its still half the price of a good set of knee braces. I was saving for a set of knee braces but I have decided that my neck and spinal cord are more important than my knees. It should hopefully arrive this week so I will obviously post and tell you what I think of it.
I don't know anyone personally that has purchased one yet, so I hope that by me buying one, I can give my friends the chance to try it out and hopefully encourage them to do the same.

No comments: