Tuesday 17 April 2007

55 not 413

I was on the phone to the YMSA (the MX club I will be joining) yesterday sorting out my membership and racing licence for this weekend. The race I will be racing in is called a Non-winners event which means it doesn't count towards the championship and the top 3 guys sit it out.
The lady said that they don't normally let people race in the non-winners event unless they have seen them race before in case they're too fast. I told her that it definitely wouldn't be a problem as it was my first race ever but she didn't seem to believe me. She kept reiterating the fact and warned me that if I was too fast that I would be pulled from the race. Once again I reassured her that it wouldn't be a problem.
I then had to phone someone else to actually book my place in the race and to sort out my race number. This person did exactly the same and also seemed to not believe me about not being fast. Coops and I laughed about it later and said it must have been my factory South African accent.

All was sorted in the end and the people at YMSA were very helpful. The only issue I had was that I wasn't allowed to use the number I had originally chosen which was 413. The club rules say that you can only have a number up to 150. So the lady gave me the number 55 which hadn't been taken yet.
I was gutted about not being able to use 413 as it did have meaning to me. One of my favourite bible verses is Philippians 4:13, which is why I was going to use it.
Hannah quickley found another good verse to go with 55 which is Psalm 55:22. So I'm happy and I actually prefer the number 55 now!

No comments: