Monday 21 May 2007

Starting out

Yesterday I went to Worksop. I hadn't been there in a while and I thought It would be good to practice some starts. I also thought it would be a perfect place to take my friend Dan and teach him how to ride a motorcycle.

Worksop is a really big piece of land so we were able to find a nice quiet piece of flat ground where I could practice some starts and where Dan could learn to ride.

First off I tried a few starts with both feet on the ground and then a few with one foot up. My starts were definitely a lot better with both feet on the ground. I made a few improvements and Dan took some videos of me that I have now reviewed at home which will help the next time I practice them.

Dan did really well. He learnt to pull off and change gear in no time. I think he had a lot of fun. Anyone who has ridden a motocross bike will know that once you've done it once, its in your blood for life and its a feeling that you will never forget.

We finished off the day with some corner practice. Picture courtesy of DC.

No comments: